Starting a business on the right track with the right partner is the best possible path to success.
Heelan Associates partner with you to reduce your paperwork and admin burden, so you can concentrate your energy on growth.
FOR YOUR NEW BUSINESS
Let Heelan Associates’ expert team handle your initial set up with hands on expert support and guidance.
- Advice on the best structure for your business
- Advice and guidance on book-keeping systems
- Advice on expenses you can claim to help reduce your tax bill
- Introduce you to professional connections in our network that could help you grow your business
- Help you gain customers and connections with our own monthly networking meeting
- Registration with HM Revenue & Customs
If you need a limited company:
- Formation of your Limited Company with Companies House
- Writing up minutes of your first company meeting and issue of share certificates
- Registration with HM Revenue & Customs for any relevant taxes (PAYE, VAT, CIS)
- Take advantage of advisory and business planning services, to get you off to the best start
Andy, Managing Director
Arc Vision Limited, Hampshire
Heelan Associates customer since: 2010
“As a Contractor looking to set up a Limited Company, finding the right finance partner for me was really important. After speaking to a few local accountancy firms, I decided to go with Heelan Associates as in the first meeting I instantly felt at ease that my business set up would be in safe (and friendly) hands. I felt that I had found a partner to help me understand all of the moving parts involved in setting up a business.”
Heelan Associates look after everything from Book-keeping and Payroll to VAT returns for Arc Vision Limited. Our extensive experience in working with Limited Company Contractors allows us to help business owners like Andy get the most out of his Limited Company Contractor business. We have helped him better understand the IR35 rules to ensure he stays compliant.
Andrew added “Heelen Associates also helped me by recommending an Independent Financial Advisor and providing SA302 evidence to help me find a mortgage. I have gone on to recommend a lot of local independent contractors in a similar position to myself and will certainly carry on telling everyone I know about Heelan Associates.”
SETTING UP YOUR BUSINESS FOR SUCCESS
At Heelan Associates, we don’t just form your company, we partner with you to reduce your paperwork and admin burden, so you can focus on building your business from the ground up.
- You decide how often you want to hear from us, from ad hoc advice and annual returns to quarterly meetings to plan for the next stage as your business grows.
- Flexible support – from invoices & PAYE set up, to training with cloud accounting based systems Xero and QuickBooks for maximum self management.
- We take care of your personal tax returns too, ensuring you receive maximum benefits and savings through an understanding of how your own finances tie up with your company.
WHAT TO READ WHEN YOU START A LIMITED COMPANY
Often it’s easy to be bombarded or overwhelmed when you’re starting up a new business. We’ve helpfully covered some of the most important topics to note (and once you’re up and running we’ll help you with the rest).
5 tips to give your early stage business the best chance of success.
GET YOUR START-UP GOING!
A list of some of the main things to consider when you get started.
BEDROOM TO BOARDROOM
7 ways to manage the transition when your business becomes more than just you.
Freelancer or Contractor?
Successful freelancer or contractor? Still paying normal rates of tax through self-assessment? Working through an umbrella company?
It may be time to go limited! You could significantly reduce your tax liability and benefit from other tax breaks by forming your own limited company.
Sole Trader or Setting up a side business?
If you’re setting out as a sole trader or making the first steps into setting up a business in your spare time, finding an accounting partner can help save your precious time, so you can focus on your personal growth goals, rather than paperwork.
Our expert team can help at whatever level you want, whether compiling your personal tax return at the end of the year, or helping throughout the year with financial records and payroll.
For Starting Out
Starting up from scratch or sole trader migrating to Limited Company?
Find out how Heelan Associates can help you get started.
Already set up and looking for help navigating the waters as you grow?
Hiring your first team member or need to formalise your accounting?
Find out how Heelan Associates can help you grow to your next milestone.
Established business looking to review your suppliers or streamline your processes?
Find out how Heelan Associates can help simplify your business processes, or enable you to move on to the next stage.